Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dave gets 'Eavy. Must be the biscuits.

I get quite a few emails by readers wanting a step by step tutorial on how I do my thang.  Since I do things a bit cack handed to everyone else what with medium rich tints and all that.  Well, since I was undercoating and prepping a heap of figures, I though it would be fun to finally do it. 
However, I decided to have a bit of retro fun and... well, Behold, a lost article from a more civilised age.

Hmmm... that looks familiar.
Next one will indeed be covering tinting and mediums!

6 comments:

  1. Excellent, cheers Dave. I'm looking forward to the next one, this is a technique I'm getting increasingly interested in.

    Extra kudos for the old school layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the next one as well.

    I'm reading intently :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspired revival :}
    Spent many hours gazing at pages like that (once upon a time).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy rendered retro pages Batman!

    Brilliant stuff, made me chuckle. Been interested in your technique for older era miniatures. Await the next instalment :)

    - Tael.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Holy rendered retro pages Batman!"

    Exactly. Apologies for a little bit of necro-threading. Seeing some of those classic Perry Dwarfs is almost as nice as reading good, do-able tips on how to actually achieve a good finish when painting them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always thought you used a really nice flock blend for your bases.

    ReplyDelete